Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 10- Bangkok --> Ho Chi Minh City

Hey guys,

On to the next city... with today being a travel day there isnt much going on. Had a really early flight this morning and it made the most sense for me to sleep at the airport so I added that to my list of adventures. I managed to throw a video together of some of the Bangkok moments, I hope you all enjoy it. Disclaimer: Mom you may not like the motorbike parts and for that I apologize. I made it out unscathed and I'm probably never going to trust a 120 pound thai man with my life ever again, you can take it to the bank. Anyway, there will be plenty to write about in the coming days but for now its orientation, meeting the other volunteers, and trying to figure out this heat..

Bangkok from David Daly on Vimeo.


4 comments:

  1. I finally get to stalk your adventure! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Another great collection of moments from afar. Very cool......and we seem to love the idea of waiting for your very next entry to see what surprises are next. The pictures and entries are fantastic......but the videos are........PRICELESS! We love you David take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tell us what was the place where you placed the standing coin? Was this a shrine? Why stand the coin......what is the significance of this presentation?

    Are you able to keep the money thing under control? Any problems with the conversions or the exchange of money? Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well to be completely honest i dont know if there is some sort of special significance to it. that was at a buddhist shrine and it was kind of like tossing a coin into a well. there was a giant slab of rock with etchings in it and if you could find a place for a coin to stand up without falling it was a show of good luck... and money has been good, im sure it will get tight towards the end but i think that means i will have accomplished many things

      Delete